- EU RESPECT guidelines (including potential dilemmas that may arise for researchers).
- ESRC core principles, and guidelines for ethical research.
- British Psychological Society standards and guidelines.
- Stanford Ethics Handbook
Ethics in research with children
Ethical Research Involving Children (ERIC) — site with best practices, case studies, issues, reflections on conducting ethical research with children (including internationally).
Ethics and the use of social media data
- D’Arcy & Young (2012) Ethics and social media: Implications for sociolinguistics in the networked public
- Zimmer (2012) But the data is already public: on the ethics of research in Facebook
- Rivers & Lewis (2014) Ethical research standards in a world of big data
Ethics and collecting data through crowdsourcing
- Mason & Surrey (2011) Conducting behavioral research on Amazon’s Mechanical Turk
- Barchard & Williams (2008) Practical advice for conducting ethical online experiments and questionnaires for United States psychologists
Ethics and collecting fieldwork data
- Dipersio (2014) Linguistic fieldwork and IRB human subjects protocols
- The San Code of Research Ethics.
- A set of ethical guidelines created by research subjects for researchers.
- Sponsored by the EU Trust, a project dedicated to supporting ethical research with vulnerable populations.