Q: What should I do if my project is a collaboration with a researcher at another University, and they already have approval?

Answer: You just need to log your project on our system. Start a new application, then when you get to the question 1.6 “Is another ethics committee outside of PPL reviewing this project?”, then answer yes, indicate that it’s approved, and upload documentation of approval in the uploads section. It will be auto-approved.

Q: Can I observe or record people without their consent?

Answer: The simple answer is no. However, there may be ways to obtain consent, assent, or permission that still allow you to conduct your research. Get in touch with us to discuss your specific case. For guidance about observational research more generally, see this chapter.